Tuesday 13 January 2015

Lion Design



Lion Design




This painted animal is my favourite. I like the detail and depth I managed to create with fine brush strokes and shading. 

To create this image I built up layers of fine brush strokes in order to create a fur like feeling, I used orange,brown a touch of black and yellow. 
I then positioned the eyes over my own eyebrows. This was more difficult then originally expected as making it look realistic was hard. On previous attempts the eyes weren't the same size or were totally uneven. I added shading and contouring with darker shades of the colours. I then added the nose with a black paint. 
If I were to recreate the image I would make the nose smaller and try and make thee eyes more realistic.
This is deffinatly my favourite out of the three and I will be using this as my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment