Monday 12 January 2015

Artist Research - Gesine Marwedel




Gensine Marwedel





Gensine Marwedel is a German body painter, I could not find very much information about her, but what I did find was in German, I have tried to translate it as best I could.

Gensine was born in Eckernforde but grew up in Dortmund Germany. She graduated in 2005 and moved to India where she volunteered in a children's home. 
From 2005- 2008 she studied Rehabilitation Education at the University of Dortmund.
During her studies she spent several months in India, where she worked in a children's home with handicapped and autistic children.
She also backpacked across the country with henna art.
Since 2009 she has worked as a therapist in Dortmund. 
''As an artist I was used to painting, wall painting and henna but today I mostly focus mostly on the area of body painting, I am entered in international competitions and events I work for companies and paint for events film and television as well as for private clients. The joy of painting and the work with people for me is always first.















No comments:

Post a Comment