Sunday 18 January 2015

illustrator research- visual culture



Chrissy Lau


Chrissy Lau is a Sydney based illustrator with over 11 years commercial experience. 

Her illustrations are predominantly hand drawn in ink & digitally coloured in Photoshop. 

Chrissy's style is distinct, with a strong attention to detail focusing on intricate patterns & lines.

She takes inspiration from her Chinese heritage & nature.

Fashion, portraits & children's illustrations are her expertise.

She has designed a collection of coins for the Royal Australian Mint & apparel designs for Mambo.

Samsung recently commissioned her to illustrate on their Galaxy Note II for their Australian wide billboard & YouTube campaign.

Taking influence from her Chinese heritage she designed dragon flags for the City of Sydney to celebrate Chinese New Year.

hrissy's creative career includes curating exhibitions as an art gallery manager, running her own clothing label, exhibiting in the UK & Australia.

She also has 5 years experience in online digital media and currently focuses her expertise in Search Marketing.







                                       




She creates these stunning images and they are really appealing to me.
 I love her fluent smooth lines and attention to detail.
 The subtle sparing colour makes all her images "pop".
In my work in the future I will pay much more attention to my use of line, and also how I use colour because Chrissy Lau proves that you dont need to add an awful lot of colour in order to make an image appealing or different. 
She, as an illustrator, has made me think alot more on how much I think about my colour choices and how much I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment