Monday 12 January 2015

Comm arts Concept





The Idea


The idea of using a human body and skin as a canvas and how it changes the emotional response of the viewer has intrigued me for a while and I have decided to centre my project around body illustration and or body art as it is something I would like to explore. 

I have found that multi media art and design collaborations often result in an interesting outcome. So thats why I want to bring together multiple components such as the paint and skin. I feel like there is an opportunity within this brief to bring the art of body illustration alive as it is often over looked.

For this project I have decided to try and produce images which will illustrate and portray the 'inner animal' of a person. To do this I have decided to try and paint directly onto the skin to give the illusion of the animal being hidden behind the subjects flesh. 

This idea is either going to go really right or incredibly wrong. Hopefully with enough practise and research all will go right but there is a lot of points to consider.

The final images will be entered into the communication Arts illustration competition.

I am still unsure wether or not to enter a series of images and highlight the one which I think expresses my concept the clearest. 

There is many animals I can try and portray so choosing which will be the best is going to be a challenge.

 I look forward to the challenge of working with new materials and expanding my horizons with those materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment